In support of patient partnership, health literacy, co-design and small steps leading to big possibilities
About the fund
The Ruby Fund was established with a vision of transforming the Canadian healthcare experience.
Passionate about empowering the patient to be a stronger advocate for themselves, the Ruby Fund supports programs and research for:
- education and training on patient engagement, patient partnership and the patient experience;
- health literacy for patients so they can become skilled self-managers in their own care and equal partners with health care professionals;
- inter-professional education in the healthcare system;
- education of healthcare students to better understand and consider the patient perspective in decision making;
- education of youth on health and wellness, caring for their health and how to navigate the healthcare system to encourage their confidence in advocating for their own health;
- bringing together diverse groups to co-create innovative solutions to challenges within the healthcare systems
Donate to this fund
If you would like to donate to this fund, donations of up to $500 can be made by clicking on the button below to go to the CanadaHelps donation page.
For donations over $500, please contact the Community Foundation of Nova Scotia office at firstname.lastname@example.org